Why Email Marketing?
“When it comes to purchases made as a result of receiving a marketing message, email has the highest conversion rate (66%), when compared to social and direct mail.” – DMA
Why choose Vizcom?
- We’ve been creating and sending successful campaigns for many years.
- After a discussion, we’ll make suggestions on what to include and what is most likely to work for your business.
- Detailed reports are provided which include click rates, open rates and what was clicked (and by who).
- Our emails are mobile friendly as almost 60% of emails are now opened on a mobile device.
- No monthly contracts or tie-ins.
How do you do it?
- We use the market leading email marketing platform Mailchimp.
- We take your text and images and arrange them in an eye-catching but easy to follow format and give reasons for your readers to act.
- Before sending your campaign you’ll see a proof and have the opportunity to change it.
- More than 15 billion businesses use Mailchimp.
- Personalise your emails with a first name for an improved open rate.
- Sign up forms are available for your website and Social Media.
- Connect with your eCommerce site to monitor sales and gather useful data.
- Segment subscribers into groups to allow more targetted marketing.
Examples of campaigns
21 Tips for creating effective emails
- From name Use a name in your company email address, not sales@ or noreply@.
- Subject line The most important part of your campaign. Write down ideas and discuss them with colleagues.
- Call to Action Avoid word like submit, download and buy now. Instead, provide a reason to click.
- Introduction text Tell readers what do expect, keep it short and to the point.
- Timing When are your readers most likely to open their email? When do you get the most enquiries or sales?
- Ask questions Questions can make perfect subject lines as well as making the subscriber act.
- Provide useful information How-to guides, top ten tips and new uses for your product or service.
- Social Media Suggest reasons why people should follow you.
- Testimonials One will do, change it each time you send a campaign.
- Be personal Write as if you were talking to a person. Add a photograph of yourself or your team.
- Use the word you One of the most powerful words in email marketing.
- Sell the benefits No one wants to read lots of detail, they’d much rather know how it will solve their problem.
- Add a P.S. Sign off with a P.S. it is your last chance to get your reader to act.
- Use imagery It can be much more powerful than just words and gets your message across instantly.
- Link to your Social Media accounts You might not get an enquiry this time but they may follow you.
- Don’t forget your contact details! We’ve seen it before. Include a map too if you want customers to visit.
- Ask for feedback This will help personalise your message as well as providing you with useful information.
- Proof read and test all your links Ask someone who hasn’t written the newsletter to check it.
- Offers Include and offer (with a deadline) or something for free.
- Add Alt text and descriptions Some email browsers don’t support images so describe them.
- Avoid background images Outlook doesn’t recognise them.
What does a typical email marketing campaign cost?
- Design of newsletter £120 (One-off cost)
- Upload up to 1000 contacts £40 (One-off cost)
- Monthly fee to mail out to 1000 contacts and maintain your contact list £40
- Further newsletters (using the same design) but with new images and text £75 per newsletter
£275 for the first newsletter (includes sending to up to 1000 contacts)
£115 per month to send to up to 1000 contacts.
“I had no idea what to put in my email until I met with Dan at Vizcom. He asked me a number of questions and between us, we put together a plan. After the first newsletter went out I received eleven new enquiries which all look promising”
Oliver, Cool Canvas, Bolton.
If you want to make sure your emails get results phone 01204 383599 or click our contact form.